- Be kind to yourself
- Recognize the emotions you are feeling are normal
- Accept help and support from others
- Find balance between staying busy and reflecting your loss
- Brush off comments you may receive that may not be helpful while taking in comforting words
- Recognize that grief affects all areas such as physical, mental, emotional, and existential
- Don’t compare your response to the response of others. Your grief process is a unique experience
- Take small steps towards adapting life to living without your loved one
- Seek professional help if you have any concerns about your grief response
DISCLAIMER: ALL CONTENT, PHOTOS AND MATERIALS ON THIS WEBSITE ARE FOR GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY AND PROPERTY OF MOVING FORWARD COUNSELING. INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE SHOULD NOT BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL TREATMENT AND SHOULD NOT BE UTILIZED TO DIAGNOSE SELF OR OTHERS OR FOR TREATMENT PURPOSE. TALK TO YOUR HEALTH PROVIDER IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.
Published by Moving Forward Counseling and Integrative Services
Making connections with others and creating profound memories with family and friends is the essence of life! When these relationships are conflicted or disconnected through loss it creates daily challenges.
Stress can manifest itself through physical, behavioral and psychological symptoms affecting daily life. If you are feeling Anxious, Depressed or are having a hard time with a current life transition, then you are on the right track!
Thank you for visiting my webpage! My name is Xiomara Romero and I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. I have helped many individuals, couples and families from a variety of backgrounds (cultures, race, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity and age groups). Utilizing strength-based approaches and my unique training and experiences, I can tailor each session to fit your needs and goals. I have specialized training in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR), an effective technique used to relieve symptoms of trauma as well as Anxiety and Depression. I have extensive experience working with families going through the grief and loss process. I also specialize with transitions that may occur from adolescence to adulthood such as (starting a new school, loss of loved one or friend, transition to college life, stress management of new job or school). I have a strong social justice background in advocating for change. I am an Ally for the LGBTQ community and advocate for racial equality.
I believe every individual is resilient and can overcome obstacles with the right tools and support. I will be happy to answer any questions or concerns through a free phone consultation. I can provide that safe place to rediscover your strengths and assist you in living a fulfilling life.
También Hablo español
View all posts by Moving Forward Counseling and Integrative Services